5 reasons why it is great to be generous (+ 34 quotes about being generous!)
1. When you are generous to others, others will be generous to you!
2. When you are generous to others, it increases your confidence!
3. When you are generous to others you will have a sense of satisfaction, and it will increase your self-esteem!
4. When you are generous to others science says that you will live longer!
5. When you are generous to others you will be happier!
- “When you win and the other fellow loses, what do you see? A losing face. There is great joy in losing and making the other person win and have a happy face. Who will be the happiest person? The one who brings happiness to others.” ― Swami Satchidananda
- “Rings and jewels are not gifts, but apologies for gifts. The only gift is a portion of thyself. Thou must bleed for me.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Every sunrise is an invitation for us to arise and brighten someone’s day.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
- “I come in a world of iron…to make a world of gold” ― Dale Wasserman
- “Your personal brand is never more about you than it is when it’s about other people. You gain more for yourself when you’re selfless, rather than selfish. My new friend Marnell Sabando exemplifies this giving is getting attitude.” ― Jarod Kintz
- “Give more, don’t expect not to be repaid. Give more thanks for what you haven’t expected but received!” ― Israelmore Ayivor
- “Generosity means giving without expecting anything in return.” ― Eraldo Banovac
- “Generosity is a mark of bravery, so all Sioux boys were taught to be generous.” ― Luther Standing Bear
- “To give to others is but sowing seed for ourselves.” ― Charles Haddon Spurgeon
- “The only wealth that mattered was affinity and generosity. Affinity towards oneself and generosity towards the world itself.” ― Soroosh Shahrivar
- “Generosity says a great deal about a person’s emotional and spiritual development. When it’s hard to give, or it feels like ripping away a part of the self, we are still anchored in our attachments or stories we’ve created about scarcity. If this applies to you, make friends with the part of you that feels resentful or finds it difficult to give.” ― Charlotte Kasl
- “We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results.” ― Herman Melville
- “Life doesn’t offers charity, it offers chance.” ― Amit Kalantri
- “Not to be greedy is, paradoxically, the highest form of looking after one’s true interests.” ― Idries Shah
- “But let me offer a word of caution. If you choose to give from your heart, be careful. The most incredible feeling might just overwhelm you. And if you continue in this behavior, that feeling may become permanent.” ― Steve Goodier
- Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. ~Tenzin Gyatso
- Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true. ~Robert Brault
- If you haven’t any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble.
- Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping him up. ~Jesse Jackson
- Kindness is just love with its workboots on. ~Author Unknown
- A good character is the best tombstone. Those who loved you and were helped by you will remember you when forget-me-nots have withered. Carve your name on hearts, not on marble. ~Charles H. Spurgeon
- It’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice. ~Author Unknown
- Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You
- Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you — not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown
- What this world needs is a new kind of army — the army of the kind. ~Cleveland Amory
- If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. ~Dalai Lama
- I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble. ~Rudyard Kipling
- Don’t be yourself — be someone a little nicer. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic’s Notebook, 1966
- There is no greater loan than a sympathetic ear. ~Frank Tyger
- Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it. ~Author Unknown
- A fellow who does things that count, doesn’t usually stop to count them. ~Variation of a saying by Albert Einstein
- Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness. ~Seneca
- A kind word is like a Spring day. ~Russian Proverb
- Kindness is in our power, even when fondness is not. ~Samuel Johnson