BUDAPEST – TO DO & TO SEE LIST
There are places in which you fall in love as soon as you see them. That is Budapest. Unexpected love at first sight.
- Józsefváros… Buildings that will leave you breathless. The neck will stiffen by looking at this magnificent building. Here is the National Museum, opera, theater, the largest park in Budapest (Orczy-kert), hospital …
- Nagymezo street
- Andrássy Avenue – besides the beautiful buildings here you can enjoy in shopping. The big names of fashion in one street! Wherever you sit in this street you can drink excellent espresso!
- Hungarian Parliament – on whichever side of the Danube you choose to view this building will take your breath away. This building is on the list of UNESCO. We recommend to be close at dusk (from this or that side of the Danube)
- Buda castle district – Here you can see Royal palace – National museum, Sandor PAlace, Library, Fishermen’s Bastion, Matthias Church…
We had the good fortune to run into a guard shift at Sandoros palace, so we enjoyed the music and march.
View from Fisherman’s bastions can not be described with words!
We had the impression that from here we can see the entire Budapest! To get to this beautiful sight, you can take advantage of the oldest means of transportation in the city – castle hill funicular – wagons that will help you to climb to the top, when you cross the chain bridge. See how the drive looks in the video!
- Chain bridge – is a special story and you have to cross by walking! The Danube is never too late to fall in love with! 🙂 This bridge is guarded by lions!
- Basilica of Saint István (St. Stephen) – another place where you can see the city from a height. Nearby is the best ice cream in town. Sit on the stairs, relax and enjoy the view and tastes!
- Heroes squar
- Spa and wellness! Whichever spa you choose, regardless of whether you are visiting Budapest in the summer or the winter, choose one that has a swimming pool outside! Our recommendation is Szechenyi thermal bath, but avoid the weekend because can be very crowdy 🙂
- Kerepesi Cemetery – maybe you wonder why the cemetery is on this list, but here you can really see the amazing monuments, as well as a building reminiscent of the Louvre. They are trying so hard about the monuments, there is one with a pyramid on top of the refraction of light causes the appearance of a cross. Definitely a place you must visit!
- Say goodbye to the Sun on Danube
- Walk by the – Shoes on the Danube – monument for jewish people who died in holocaust World War II
- We are happy because we were in Budapest a few days before Catholic Easter, all the windows were decorated with bunnies and colorful eggs!
- One evening devote to wine or beer and enjoy one of the cafes and discos. 360 Bar has the best view of sunset if you are lucky not to wait in line to enter 🙂