Breathe health – HOW MUCH IS HEALTHY – MOUNTAIN AIR
Oh, those mountains. Beautiful mountain. Wherever you are in Serbia you do not have many miles to go to the nearest mountain that can help you breathe health, with whole lungs, literally. However, did you know why mountains are so much suited for the body and how healthy mountain air is for real?
The mountains are the ideal choice at any time of year.
Staying on the mountain can help not only in preventing diseases but also in their treatment.
What all mountain air can do for your body?
- strengthens the immune system
- Improves blood count
- Affects us feel better and get out of depression or anxiety
- Causes the withdrawal of skin diseases
- Relieves of an allergic reaction
- normalize blood pressure
However, there are groups of people who should check with their doctors before going to the mountain:
- 1,500 meters above sea level is the upper limit for patients with respiratory problems;
- 800 meters above sea level is the limit for cardiovascular and patients with rheumatic diseases;
- stay on the mountains above 800 meters is not recommended for youngsters and people over 60 years. Up to 800 meters above sea level is optimal, and is not harmful to a significant extent the heart and lungs.
What you can treat on Serbian mountains
Divcibare – lung disease, bronchial asthma, chronic bronchitis, recovery after acute infectious diseases, pneumonia
Zlatibor – Diseases of the thyroid gland, malokrvost, fatigue, asthma, mild heart disease
Zlatar – anemia, cardiovascular disease, disturbed blood pressure, high fat and sugar in the blood, poor general condition
Tara – Bronchial asthma, chronic bronchitis, anemia, strengthening the immune system
Rajac – Diseases of the lungs and airways, neurodegenerative disorders, recovery and strengthening of the whole organism
Note: In the mountains there is a lot of sun, regardless of the season, so we recommend using sunscreen before hiking or skiing or any enjoyment in mountain magic!
Wherever you are in Serbia, treat yourself to a few hours per month at one of our beautiful mountains. That is the best thing for your health!