Imaš li osećaj da ti nešto neda mira? Ne drži te mesto. Hoćeš da ideš. Da uradiš nešto sa svojim životom. Prešao si dvadesetu ili možda tridesetu, a nisi našao posao koji te ispunjava. Radiš u struci? O pa svaka čast. Šta je? Opet si nezadovoljan? Ne voliš grad u kom živiš? Nije to baš tako. Samo si ga se zasitio. Znam. Tačno znam šta ti je. Ti si putnik. I to što sad čitaš ove redove to potvrđuje.
Selio sam se nekoliko puta i to u nekoliko gradova u Srbiji. Prilagodljiv sam, brzo se snađem i uklopim, uvek sam spreman za promenu. Ali ne. Nije to to. Posle nekog vremena, bio sam sit tog grada. Nisam znao šta ću sa sobom. Čak je i porodica zbijala šale na moj račun ’’On još uvek ne zna gde će živeti, a ni šta će biti kad poraste…’’ Tako je. Menjao sam i poslove. Drvara, molerski radovi, radnik na pumpi, konobar, operater u Call centru, promoter… Spisak je poduži. I iskreno, svaki od tih poslova sam dobro radio. Ali opet- nemir. Konačno je sve počelo da se menja. Sa NJOM sam krenuo da putujem. Kada kažem putujem mislim na putovanja gotovo svake druge nedelje. E to je to. Smirio sam se. Radovao sam se svakom putovanju, a kad se završilo radovao sam se što sutra idem na posao da bih zaradio pare za još neko putovanje. Otprilike to ću biti kad porastem. Putnik. Lutalica. I to smatram svojim najvećim uspehom. Pronašao sam sebe. Ne postoji suma novca, ne postoji nijedna nagrada koja može biti vrednija od toga. Ok, postoji ipak jedna stvar isto toliko vredna- naći saputnika. Mislim da se nikad neću promeniti.
Nadam se da si se pronašao u ovim redovima ili da sam te bar naterao na razmišljanje. Bit cele priče je da pronađeš sebe. Kad to uradiš počinješ da živiš. Daću ti i nekoliko saveta za kraj.
Ovo su verovatno najbolji saveti koje si ikad dobio:
10 saveta za putnike i one koji žele to da postanu
- Ne slušaj druge kada ti kažu kako da živiš. Zar ne misliš da bi oni živeli mnogo bolje da stvarno znaju kako?
- Niko ti ne može reći ko si. Moraš upoznati sebe, a da bi to uspeo spremi se za put. Siguran sam da te čeka ludnica na tom putu.
- Ne ispunjavaj tuđe želje. Ugodi sebi. ’’ONI’’ svakako neće biti zadovljni i uvek će tražiti više. A to ’’više’’ zaslužuješ samo ti.
- Ne razmišljaj previše ali i ne brzeljaj. Neke brze odluke mogu te skrenuti sa puta, ali ako previše razmišljaš verovatno ćeš odustati.
- Napravi prvi korak, drugi pa treći. Ne kreći od trećeg jer su i prvi i drugi jednako važni. Polako i pametno.
- Nije bitno u šta veruješ, samo veruj. Veruj u sebe i u put. Sve je mnogo lakše kad veruješ.
- Slobodno padni. Nije strašno pasti, strašno je ostati na zemlji. Diži se i nastavi dalje. Tako se to radi.
- Nagradi sebe svaki put kad poželiš. Nagradi sebe za svaki korak koji napraviš. Tako ćeš ceniti svaki pređen put, a nagrada na kraju puta biće još slađa.
- Nemoj da prestaneš da lutaš i da se tražiš. Život je previše kratak da bi spoznao sebe u potpunosti. Zato istražuj sebe i svoje granice.
- Ne zaboravi ljubav. Ona je najbolji pokretač, ali budi pažljiv. Često se dešava da baš ona bude kamen spoticanja.
Are you feeling any restlessness? You can not live peacefully. You want to go. To do something with your life. You crossed the twenty or maybe thirty, and have not found a job that fulfills you. You have a job? Oh, congratulations. What ? Are you unhappy? You do not like the city in which you live? It’s not that. I know. I know exactly what’s wrong. You’re a traveler. You are reading these lines and that’s the confirmation.
I was moving several times and in several cities in Serbia. Im Customizable and always ready for a change. But no. It is not that. After a while it was boring. I did not know what to do with myself. Even the family made fun about that: “ He still does not know where to live, and do not know what to be when he grewed up … “ That’s right. I changed many jobs. Painting works, a gas station attendant, waiter, operator at a call center, a promoter … The list is lengthy. And frankly, I was good. But again – restlessness. Finally, it all began to change. With her I started to travel. When I say I am traveling I mean one trip almost every 2nd week. Now, that’s it. I calmed down. I looked forward to every journey, and when it ended I rejoiced because tomorrow I go to work to earn money for some more traveling. Thats what I am. Traveler. And I think that’s my greatest success. I found myself. There is no amount of money, there is no prize that could be worth more than that. Okay, there’s still one thing the same value – find travel buddy. I think I will never change.
I hope that you found yourself in the lines or that I at least made you think about your life. It is important to find yourself. When you do you can start living. I’ll give you a few tips for end.
These are probably the best advice you’ve ever received:
- Do not listen to others when they tell you how to live. Do not you think they would have a much better life if they really know how?
- No one can tell you who you are. You have to find yourself. Be ready for the excitement along the way.
- Do not meet the wishes of others. Make your life beautify. “ They “ will certainly not be content and will always ask for more. Only you deserve something “ more “.
- Do not think too much, but do not rush. Some quick decisions can turn you out off the road, but if you think too much you’ll probably give up.
- Make the first step, the second and then the third. Do not move out of the third because the first and second equally important. Slowly and smart.
- Believe. It does not matter what you believe, just believe. Believe in yourself. Everything is much easier when you believe.
- Fall! It’s not terrible to fall, a horrible is to stay on the ground. Get up and move on. That’s how it works.
- Reward yourself every time you want. Reward yourself for each step you take. So you’ll appreciate each distance traveled, and the reward in the end will be even bigger.
- Do not stop discovering. Life is too short. So explore yourself and your limits.
- Do not forget the love. It is the best mover, but be careful. It often happens that it is not a stumbling block.
I love each of the 10 pieces of advice you give. In particular no. 9 „Do not stop discovering. Life is too short. “ this is so true!
Thanks for your visit, hope we inspire you 🙂
I LOVE inspirational posts about travel and reasons to drop everything and go. It’s always great to get another reminder! TRAVEL IS AWESOME!
If travel was free you probably never see me again 🙂
Love #2! Find yourself, accept your flaws and celebrate your strengths! Great advice!
To travel is to find yourself 🙂
Yes! We are travellers and feel exactly the same! Love your 10 tips – #3 and 9 especially hit home!
Thank you 🙂
Everyone has a different way of living their life. Some of us are just filled with more wanderlust than others. You have to find what makes you content and happy and if moving around does that for you, then by all means!
You just have to find what makes you happy and do it. For us thats traveling around 🙂 Keep it simple 🙂
I love your advice. I really agree with Do not listen to others when they tell you how to live. I think the same thing about travel. Travel for you and don’t do something just because everyone else does it or wants you to do it.
Totally agree. Well, life = travel. Your life is your journey 🙂
Totally true, do thing for yourself, and that is the only right thing 🙂
Such a great post! The first step is always believing in yourself and then so many things are possible. Also, you make a good point about not listening to others who tell you how to live. No two people are alike and there’s nothing wrong with wanting to create your own path!
Life is a journey for itself and only you can make it worth 🙂
Great post! i need all of the inspiration to travel right now! with a young family it is so hard to escape the rat race and do what we really want to do!
Yeah, I understand, it is hard sometimes, but if is your true love you know you do the right thing than you just need to do that 🙂 Go for it!
#8 and #9 are my favorites! And what you said about looking forward to each journey, when one ends, you get to make money and plan for the next. That’s how I try to live- always have a trip to look forward to!
I can personally relate to #8 and #9 the most! And I love what you said about looking forward to a trip and then coming home to make more money for the next one. That’s how I try to live my life – always with a trip to look forward to!
Exactly! Always with a trip to look forward. That’s our way, too.
Traveling is SO important! I have always been a traveler but in this last year I’ve really pushed myself to save more so I can travel. It’s a priority now and always will be.